FRIDAY- 5TH WEEK OF EASTER -C
I Reading: Acts 15:22-31: It has been decided by the Holy Spirit and by ourselves not to saddle you with any burden beyond essentials.
Gospel: John 15:12-17: What I command you is to love one another.
The Relationship of Believers to Believers, Jn 15:12-17
How believers relate to other believers is of critical importance. Division will destroy a body of people quicker than any other single thing. Division can….
Destroy the body of Christ
Destroy the fellowship of believers
Destroy the witness of believers
Destroy the human soul seeking God
The relationship of believers to each other is of critical importance.
1. The supreme command of believers: Love one another (v.12)
2. The supreme standard of believers: The love of Jesus (v.12-13)
3. The supreme bond of believers: “friends” of Jesus (14-15)
a. Is conditional: “If”
b. Is based upon revelation: The words of the Father make known by Christ
4. The supreme purpose of believers: Chosen and appointed to go (v.16)
a. To go forth
b. To bear fruit
c. To receive of God
5. Conclusion: The supreme command repeated (v.17): love (agape love=sacrificial love) each other
Thought: Our love must be the sacrificial love (agape love) to love one another as God loved the world so much and gave His Son and Jesus loved us to save from sin and death by his supreme sacrifice on the cross.