SATURDAY- 26th WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME –A
Gospel: Luke 10:17-24: Rejoice that your names are written in heaven.
I Reading: Job 42:1-3.5-6.12-17: Having seen you with my own eyes, I retract all I have said.
The Seventy Return: Great Power, Lk 10:17-20
Jesus Christ gives great power to the person who truly works for him.
1. The Seventy returned (v.17)
a. with joy
b. with great results and a testimony of power
2. The Christian labourer has power over Satan (v.18)
3. The Christian labourer has power overall enemies: perfect security (v.19)
4. The Christian labourer is to rejoice in his salvation, not in his power (v.20)
The Seventy Return: Great Privileges, Lk 10:21-24
The Christian labourer has three great privileges. Jesus was filled with joy over these privileges and praised God. The Lord’s heart longs to share these privileges with every person.
1. Jesus rejoiced (v.21)
2. privilege 1: The spiritual insight into truth (v.21)
a. into “these things”
b. God hides truth from the wise and learned
c. God reveals truth to babes
d. such action is well pleasing to God
3. Privilege 2: The knowledge of God and of His only Son (v.22)
a. God and the Son alone know one another
b. The Son reveals God to some
4. Privilege 3: The insight and privilege of learning God’s full revelation (v.23-24).
Thought: God’s power is defeating satan, of delivering people from the power of satan.