SATURDAY- 11TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME -C
I Reading: 2 Corinthians 12:1-10: I shall be very happy to make my weaknesses my special boast.
Gospel: Matthew 6:24-34: Do not worry about tomorrow.
The Counsel on Worry and Anxiety, 6:25-34
This counsel meets one of the greatest needs of people, the need to be delivered from worry and anxiety.
- 1.A counsel- do not worry about necessities (v.25)
- a.About food and drink
- b.About body and clothing
- 1.Do not worry about your life and body (v.25)
- 2.Do not worry about food and shelter (v.26)
- a.Behold the birds
- b.You are the better than the birds
- 1.Do not worry about your life span: worry is pointless (v.27)
- 2.Do not worry about clothing (v.28-30)
- a.Consider the lilies
- 3.They do not labour
- 4.They are more adorned than Solomon
- a.Trust-believe you of little faith
- 5.Do not worry: do not be thinking and talking about food, drink and clothing
- b.You are different from the pagans
- c.Your heavenly Father knows your needs
- 1.Do not worry: seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness (v. 33)
- 2.Do not worry about tomorrow: live one day at a time (v.24)
Thought: The testimony of the mature believer is: “I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me” (Ps 40: 17).