FRIDAY-3rd WEEK OF EASTER-B
I Reading: Acts 9:1-20: This man is my chosen instrument to bring my name before pagans.
Gospel: John 6:52-59: My flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
The Results of Partaking of the Bread of Life, Jn 6:52-58
A person must receive and partake of the Bread of Life. When he/she does, he/she receives five wonderful things.
1. The religionists were perplexed over Jesus’ words (v.52-53)
a. They questioned partaking of His flesh
b. Jesus proclaimed a much more shocking thing: unless one partakes of Him, he/she does not have life
2. Result 1: eternal life-conquering death and being resurrected (v.54)
3. Result 2: true not false satisfaction (v.55)
4. Result 3: supernatural companionship and fellowship (v.56)
5. Result 4: a life that is full of purpose and meaning (v.57)
6. Result 5: incorruptible food received with in the heart-energizing life forever (v.58)
Thought: Unless a person receives (eats and drinks) Christ, he/she has no life within him. He/she is a dead person spiritually and eternally. He/she is walking around a dead person. (Eph 2:1; 5:14; Col 2:13, 1Tim 5:6; Rev3:1)