TUESDAY, 2nd WEEK OF EASTER-B
I Reading: Acts 4:32-37: United, heart and soul.
Gospel: 3:7-17: No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the Son of Man.
God’s Great Love, John 3:16-17
Three types of love: (Agape= sacrificial love; phileo= blood relational love; and an erotic love)
This is the world’s most well-known Scripture. Brief and to the point. Jesus revealed God’s great love (agape=sacrificial love).
1. The fact: God so loved (v.16)
2. The evidence: God gave (v.16)
3. The purpose: To save (v.16)
a. From perishing
b. To eternal life
c. By believing
4. The proof: God sent His Son (the Incarnation) (v.17)
a. Not to condemn
b. But to save
5. The means: through Him (Jesus Christ)
Thought: God Loved: past tense: A past, proven fact. An outline of the greatness of God’s love is seen in this verse.
1) Height: God loved
2) Depth: so loved
3) Length: God gave
4) Breadth: whoever (Jn 21: 15-17)